NHS dental fees are set by the dental practice division of NHS Scotland, and are the same for all dental practices. A guide to common NHS treatment costs is outlined below.
|Small Metal Filling (Back Tooth)||£6.85|
|Large Metal Filling (Back Tooth)||£17.60|
|Small White Filling (Front Tooth)||£12.90|
|Large White Filling (Front Tooth)||£19.75|
|Root Treatment (Front Tooth)||£37.04|
|Root Treatment (Back Tooth)||£77.48|
|White Crown (Front Tooth)||£97.36|
|Metal Crown (Back Tooth)||£68.02|
|Partial Denture||From £54.39|
|Full Dentures (Upper and Lower)||From £139.04|
NHS treatment is free for:
- Everyone aged under 18;
- Those aged under 19 in full-time education;
- Pregnant and nursing mothers, until the baby is 12 months old;
- Those with certificated exemption from payment because of income;
- Income based jobseekers allowance;
- Income related employment and support allowance;
- Working tax credits.
Please bring evidence of any exemption with you to the dentist. If you are unsure about exemptions please ask at our reception desk.