NHS dental fees are set by the dental practice division of NHS Scotland, and are the same for all dental practices. A guide to common NHS treatment costs is outlined below.
|Scale and Polish||From £12|
|Small Metal Filling (Back Tooth)||£8.20|
|Large Metal Filling (Back Tooth)||£20.96|
|Small White Filling (Front Tooth)||£15.44|
|Large White Filling (Front Tooth)||£23.64|
|Root Canal Treatment (Front Tooth)||£44.20|
|Root Canal Treatment (Back Tooth)||£92.52|
|White Crown (Front Tooth)||£128.64|
|Metal Crown (Back Tooth)||£88.76|
|Partial Denture||From £81.44|
|Full Dentures (Upper and Lower)||From £182.60|
NHS treatment is free for:
- Everyone aged under 26;
- Those aged under 19 in full-time education;
- Pregnant and nursing mothers, until the baby is 12 months old;
- Those with certificated exemption from payment because of income;
- Income based jobseekers allowance;
- Income related employment and support allowance;
- Working tax credits.
Please bring evidence of any exemption with you to the dentist. If you are unsure about exemptions please ask at our reception desk.